- A copy of current vaccinations are required to be provided to us to keep on file (see below for definition of current per 2011 AAHA Canine Vaccine Guidelines). We may REQUIRE a verbal confirmation of expiration dates in order to secure a reservation (these will be then be matched up to the vaccination records provided at check-in). Providing us a copy of your vaccination records PRIOR to check-in is RECOMMENDED. This can be done by mailing them, dropping them off, or scanning and emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org before your boarding check-in date. WE WILL REFUSE TO BOARD YOUR DOG IF OUR VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET. This is NOT negotiable, it is for both the safety of your dog and the other dogs boarding with us.
Doolin Acres Kennel may need to contact your veterinarian to determine what form of Bordetella vaccination you received to determine whether it is current.
Required Vaccinations - 2011 AAHA Canine Vaccine Guidelines:
1. Rabies - (current is administered no more than 1 year/3 years prior to your check-out date depending on the form of vaccination your dog received)
2. Bordetella - (current is administered: (1) no more than 1 year prior to your check-out date if administered by injection; if your dog has never had this vaccine before or it has NOT been kept current we will not be able to board your dog until 7 days AFTER the 2-4 week booster is given (2) no more than 1 year prior to your check-out date if administered intra-nasal)
3. Distemper, Parvovirus, Adenovirus-type 2 - (current is administered no more than 3 yrs. prior to your check-out date)
Monthly Heartworm Preventative
Monthly Flea/Tick Preventative
- Doolin Acres Kennel will complete a dog info form at check-in with necessary information such as: Name and phone number of current Vet, Emergency contact info for the owner and/or another person, Eating habits, Behavior, Medical issues/instructions etc.
- Owner's will be required to agree to and sign our boarding contract - available upon request for review prior to check-in
- Dogs must be leashed when arriving and leaving Doolin Acres Kennel property
- We are willing to board intact males and females that are NOT in heat. (We will require an emergency contact that can pick-up females immediately should they go into heat while being boarded at Doolin Acres Kennel, if there is an intact male boarding at that time.)
Bring to Check-in:
- Proof of current vaccinations (please refer to our policy above)
- Dog food - Enough for the scheduled stay plus a little extra in case of an emergency that you can not make your anticipated check-out date (We require you to provide your dogs normal food to reduce the chance of digestive issues)
- Any treats or items from home that can be left with your dog when unsupervised and will not be sorely missed if destroyed! NO SQUEAKY TOYS OR RAWHIDES. Doolin Acres Kennel is not responsible for damaged items.
- Medications with detailed dosage and administration instructions along with whatever helpful treats you use to administer them with: peanut butter, bread, cheese, pill pockets
- Emergency contact info
- Be prepared to sign our boarding contract
- First time customers should bring a check for boarding
Bring to Check-out:
- Doolin Acres Kennel only accepts Cash at pick up from first time boarders at this time(can pay with check at drop off)